Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: our new baby or bitty?

  1. #1
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    What are the differances between the our new baby and bitty baby? Like is there anything I can look at to tell the differance in a picture?

    Specifically relating to the AA and hispanic ones. Did the AA Our New Baby have the texurized hair? (I LOVE that hair)

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ September 21, 2005 01:59 PM: Message edited by: GreyMyst ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bgeurtz's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    630
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Our New Baby is just the name that they called Bitty Baby before she was "Bitty Baby." There is no difference except the "Our New Baby" is older. If I were buying a doll for a child now I would just by new, If you buy an older doll it would be more for collecting not playing. If by chance you had to send "Our New Baby" into the doll hospital they might just give you a new one because none of the colors would match. And then you wouldn't have your first doll back. Our "Bitty Baby" went to the hospital alot the first year and she does not have any tags. I think its the original head but I never looked back then.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Our New Baby's definitely have different lashes. As far as I know, they were the softer matching lashes, like PM dolls. That and a different book, but that's all I know.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My Sarah is the blonde Our New Baby, and she does have softer lashes. She also looks like she has a "softer" face. I know that sounds weird, but it looks more toner down than the newer ones. Her eyes are lighter than the newer ones, too. My cousin got her Bitty in 2000, and her eyes looked darker than Sarah's. I also have the 1st Ed. AA Bitty, and her eyelashes are definitely not as soft as Sarah's. Megan, my AA Bitty, does have textured hair, and I think the Our New Baby does, too.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member calyndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is one difference that hasn't been mentioned yet. ONB dolls (and some very early bittys) were sewn with their arms in a different position. When you lay baby on her back her little hands rest palms up near her ears like she wants you to pick her up. Newer bitty arms are more at her sides instead.

    Blonde ONBs had blonde eyelashes.

    Hope this helps!
    ~Abby

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •